Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Calling All Married Friends

Let me preface this post by saying that I LOVE all of my friends' children who are male. They are all very sweet and fun and I'm thrilled you have them. (Or if you're pregnant with a boy, I will love your child and I'm in no way disappointed in you or upset with your baby's gender.)

But for the love of pete, will someone PLEASE get pregnant with a girl? I see cute little girl baby things all the time - bows, head bands, dresses, shoes, jewelry - and I am unable to purchase them for any of my friends because ... quite frankly ... it would be a little sad to see a baby boy in a ruffled lacy church dress and matching bow.

Plus, all the cute little girl names I hear about are completely wasted on boys and I'm running out of cute boy name suggestions (I'm only one person).

So I leave you with this plea ... If you're considering trying for a child or have already decided to try to become pregnant, THINK PINK and the rewards will be endless.

7 comments:

Our Familary Medley said...

I am not a married friend but I told you my promise.... hope it applies to when I'm married. The End.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

I'm also not a married friend, but I'm a married sister...does that count? And I'M THINKING PINK! So buy me something cute and frilly that twirls with a matching bow. Oh, and you better get something for the baby too. (Theorhetical baby...for now. Didn't want you to get the wrong impression.)

Brittany said...

Dang it Meg, you got me all excited. Don't you want a "Made in China" baby? I think that would be a good idea. But yes - being a married sister DOES count (and who said we're not friends?) so you just keep thinking pink.

mckenna said...

How about you get knocked up and produce your own girl??

Brittany said...

I've only been married for 3 and a half months. I don't have to be responsible for making babies yet. I'm just saying, for those people who are feeling the "I want a baby vibe" already - I beg of you to please have a girl!

kellie and craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.