Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP Michael

So it's finally been confirmed ... Michael Jackson is dead. Tragic day. He didn't even get to have his "comeback" tour - he was less than a month away from his first concert. While I was absolutely shocked by the news, is it horrible that the part of the CNN story I dwelled on is the portion that mentions his childrens' names?

"Jackson is the seventh of nine children in a well-known musical family. He has three children, Prince Michael I, Paris and Prince Michael II." Holy crap. Who names ONE of their kids Prince Michael, let alone two? Anyone else find this odd? I almost think it's worse than George Forman naming all of his sons George.

In closing, Megan (my sister - who is pregnant by the way - YAY!), I am officially okay with Lincoln as a name for my future nephew (although I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I get a niece). So long as the child's name does not contain Prince or George, I'm a happy camper.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks for mentioning me in the same blog post as Michael Jackson and George Foreman. Good company. No little Georges or Princes (or Parises, for that matter) for us.

mckenna said...

Did you know that MJ's brother, Jermaine, has a child named...wait for it...Jermajesty? Yep. Awesome family. I'm totally listening to my Prince of Pop albums today. Missing Captain EO.

The Jarretts said...

FYI Prince Michael I is mostly called Prince, and Prince Michael II is mostly called Blanket. I know, not much better, but when you are the King of Pop and have made as much money as Michael, you can name your kids whatever you want! hahah I love Michael

Who Is Lynda said...

I think it might be time to blog again.